Internet Security Systems SiteProtector application provides scalable, data analysis capabilities and centralized security management for Proventia appliances and RealSecure network, desktop and server protection solutions. SiteProtector simplifies large-scale deployments through cost-efficient, control and monitoring, unified command, thereby reducing security management demands on staff, network traffic or other operational resources. Event prioritization and correlation enable real-time attack and misuse tracking.
The SiteProtector interface helps administrators work more efficiently through flexible views built around asset grouping and event aggregation. Powerful filters screen for event exceptions and false alerts. In addition, SiteProtector automates Proventia and RealSecure deployments, and enables multiple site management via secure remote administration.
The Introduction to SiteProtector course provides methods, practices and concepts required to successfully use the SiteProtector management tool. The course concentrates on hands-on exercises supported by demonstrations, lecture and presentations. Starting with an introduction to the SiteProtector architecture and the different components, students will learn about the role of each component and how they act. They also monitor and protect a real-world network. Students will learn how to install and configure SiteProtector, as well as how to manage sensors and monitor network assets in the SiteProtector environment.
Network and security professionals implementing, managing or operating the SiteProtector intrusion detection/prevention system (IDPS).
Working knowledge of TCP/IP and Windows 2000/2003 Server.
|Duration of the course:||Part Time : N/A Full Time : 3 Days|
- Describing SiteProtector system architecture and how it integrates data from various network agents, host-based agents, and network and host-based scanners.
- Explaining SiteProtector installation options and the different approaches for deploying SiteProtector components on a network.
- Migrating from RealSecure Workgroup Manager to SiteProtector.
- Performing a Custom SiteProtector installation on multiple computers.
- Using the SiteProtector Console to monitor security events, and to manage agents and scanners.
- Using the SiteProtector Web Portal to view the status of SiteProtector assets and monitor security events.
- Organizing SiteProtector and network assets to facilitate effective management and analysis.
- Importing Active Directory groups and host information into SiteProtector.
- Using event analysis best practices.
- Using the SiteProtector Reporting Module to run Site reports.
- Using the Policy Editor to configure sensor policies and responses.
- Working with policies for Proventia appliances and RealSecure Network and Server Sensors.
- Configuring SiteProtector components, Proventia appliances, RealSecure Network and Server Sensors, Internet Scanner, and Desktop Protection.
- Using SiteProtector to run Internet Scanner discovery and vulnerability scans.
- Using the SiteProtector Enterprise Dashboard to facilitate trend analysis and run Enterprise reports.
- Applying X-Press Updates to SiteProtector components, sensors and scanners.
- Configuring SiteProtector Database maintenance settings.