Check Point Security Engineer is an Advanced 3-day course that teaches how to build, modify,deploy and troubleshoot Check Point Security Systems on the GAiA Operating system. Hands-on lab exercises teach how to debug firewall processes, optimize VPN performance and upgrade Management Servers.We will study firewall processes and take a close look at kernel and user processing and Stateful Inspection. Labs contain implementing VPNs, configuring security gateways, and performing advanced troubleshooting tasks on the firewall.
System Administrators, Security Managers, Network Engineers and Individual seeking CCSE certification.
Must be CCSA Certified with good knowledge of FireWall.
|Duration of the course:||Part Time : 18 Days (2 hrs/day)
Full Time : 3 days (8 hrs/day)
On completion of this course you will be able to implement and deploy site- to-site and remote VPN, Content Vectoring, URL filtering and Load balancing between firewalls.
- Perform a backup of a Security Gateway and Management Server using your understanding of the differences between backups, snapshots and update-exports.
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a Management Server using a database migration.
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a clustered Security Gateway deployment.
- Use knowledge of Security Gateway infrastructures, chain modules, packet flow and kernel tables to perform debugs on firewall processes.
- Build, test and troubleshoot a ClusterXL Load Sharing deployment on an enterprise network.
- Build, test and troubleshoot a ClusterXL High Availability deployment on an enterprise network.
- Build, test and troubleshoot a management HA deployment on an enterprise network.
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot SecureXL and CoreXL acceleration solutions on the corporate network traffic to ensure noted performance enhancement.
- Using an external user database such as LDAP, configure User Directory to incorporate user information for authentication services on the network.
- Manage internal and external user access to resources for Remote Access or across a VPN.
- Troubleshoot user access issues found when implementing Identity Awareness.
- Troubleshoot a site-to-site or certificate-based VPN on a corporate gateway using IKE View, VPN log files and command-line debug tools.
- Optimize VPN performance and availability by using Link Selection and Multiple Entry Point solutions.
- Manage and test corporate VPN tunnels to allow for greater monitoring and scalability with multiple tunnels defined in a community including other VPN providers.
- Create events or use existing event definitions to generate reports on specific network traffic using SmartReporter and SmartEvent to provide industry compliance information to management.
- Troubleshoot report generation given command-line tools and debug-file information.