Check Point Security Administration gives an understanding of the fundamental concepts and skills require to configure Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades. During this training program you will configure a Security Policy and learn about monitoring and managing a secure network, upgrading and configuring a Security Gateway and implementing a virtual private network.
System Administrators, Network Engineers, Security Managers and Individual seeking CCSA certification.
Working knowledge of windows NT/2000/2003 or Unix, with expertise in TCP/IP & routing.
|Duration of the course:||Part Time : 20 Days (2 hrs/day)
Full Time : 4 Days (8 hrs/day)
As a CCSA, security professionals possess the requisite skills to define and configure security policies that enable secure access to information across corporate networks.
- Describe Check Point's unified approach to network management, and the key elements of it.
- Design a distributed environment.
- Install the Security Gateway in a distributed environment.
- Perform a backup and restore the current Gateway installation from the command line.
- Identify critical files needed to purge or backup, import and export users and groups and add or delete administrators from the command line.
- Deploy Gateways using the Gaia web interface.
- Create and configure network, host and gateway objects.
- Verify SIC establishment between the Security Management Server and the Gateway using SmartDashboard.
- Create a basic Rule Base in SmartDashboard that includes permissions for administrative users, external services, and LAN outbound use.
- Configure NAT rules on Web and Gateway servers.
- Evaluate existing policies and optimize the rules based on current corporate requirements.
- Maintain the Security Management Server with scheduled backups and policy versions to ensure seamless upgrades with minimal downtime.
- Use Queries in SmartView Tracker to monitor IPS and common network traffic and trouble-shoot events using packet data.
- Use packet data to generate reports, trouble-shoot system and security issues, and ensure network functionality.
- Using SmartView Monitor, configure alerts and traffic counters, view a Gateway's status, monitor suspicious activity rules, analyze tunnel activity and monitor remote user access.
- Monitor remote Gateways using SmartUpdate to evaluate the need for upgrades, new installations, and license modifications.
- Use SmartUpdate to apply upgrade packages to single or multiple VPN-1 Gateways.
- Upgrade and attach product licenses using SmartUpdate.
- Centrally manage users to ensure only authenticated users securely access the corporate network either locally or remotely.
- Manage users to access the corporate LAN by using external databases.
- Use Identity Awareness to provide granular level access to network resources.
- Acquire user information used by the Security Gateway to control access.
- Define Access Roles for use in an Identity Awareness rule.
- Implement Identity Awareness in the Firewall Rule Base.
- Configure a pre-shared secret site-to-site VPN with partner sites.
- Configure permanent tunnels for remote access to corporate resources.
- Configure VPN tunnel sharing, given the difference between host-based, subunit-based and gateway-based tunnels.