ESDM - Electronics System Design and Manufacturing:
Over the last couple of decades India has been the epicenter of consumer demand fuelled by a phenomenal GDP growth. While demand increased across all sectors, demand for high technology products, specifically electronic products has registered significant growth and going by current estimates, the demand for electronics hardware in the country is projected to increase from USD 45 billion in 2009 to USD400 billion by 2020. Accordingly, the Government has initiated several initiatives for the development of electronics sector in the country. The Government has recently approved National Policy on Electronics (NPE). The present education/skill development system at both formal as well as nonformal level needs the improvement to meet the emerging requirement of the ESDM sector. To obtain this objective skill development program for ESDM sector has emerged.
- 'Scheme for Financial Assistance to select States/UTs for Skill Development in Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) sector' To provide financial assistance for facilitating skill development for 90,000 persons in ESDM sector by involving the States/UTs in the country for improving the employability of the students/unemployed youth.
- Scheme for 'Skill Development in ESDM for Digital India' To provide financial assistance for facilitating skill development for 3,28,000 persons in ESDM sector by involving the States/UTs in the country for improving the employability of the students/unemployed youth.
Eligibility criteria to attend the training:Students studying at
- IX/X standards onwards
- Under Graduate (Non-Engineering)
- School dropouts from 8th Pass onwards
- ITI Certificate Holders
- Diploma holders
- Graduates (non-engineering)